With your use of our products and services we, Smoke Boat Amsterdam, can collect information from and about you. Think, for example, of information you provide us with when sending a form, booking a tour or information that we collect when using our (mobile) websites or other services. We collect this information to determine which services you are interested in.
Processing by Smoke Boat Amsterdam
Would you prefer to contact us by post? You can adress your post to:
Smoke Boat Amsterdam, Thorbeckeplein 22, 1017 CS Amsterdam
The supply of personal data is not required
You are not obliged to disclose your personal data when you purchase a service from us or make an application. You have the choice at all times whether you want to enter your personal data or not. However, to be able to use some of our services, it is necessary to enter personal data.
When is providing of data necessary?
If you want to register as a new customer, we need your data to invoice you. If you are asked to enter your details, then we tell you which data is necessary to be able to use the service (and therefore have to be filled in), the other data is therefore optional.
Types of data
When offering services we can process (personal) data of persons who make an application via our website, book a tour through our website and visitors / users of our (mobile) website (s). For each service it differs which (personal) data we can process.
Roughly there are four ways in which we can (collect) (personal) data:
- Requesting services via our (mobile) websites: This involves processing information that you have provided to us via the website; such as your e-mail address;
- Booking a tour through our (mobile) websites: this process includes information that you have provided to us via the website; such as your e-mail address;
- Use of our (mobile) websites: this includes information about your use of these (mobile) websites, such as the pages you have visited;
- When asking a question via our (mobile) websites. Information that we can collect; your name and email.
The above is a summary of the data that we could collect. This does not mean, however, that we actually request and store them everywhere. For example, it may be that one service needs your e-mail address, for example, while another does not use your e-mail address, but for example your location. With regard to a number of types of data, a more detailed explanation is given below (data collected on the basis of cookies and location data).
When you complete a registration form at one of our websites, we can add the information you have entered to the cookie with which we measure your use of our online services and website. This data gives us insight into the interest in our services.
Right to be forgotten and objection
In principle, we will always honor your request to be forgotten, with a few exceptions. When it comes to information that is necessary to, for example, provide a service to you, or that we have to keep for tax reasons, we can not always honor your entire request. In that case, we will only delete part of the collected data. If, for example, it concerns online data (such as information stored in a cookie), you can use your cookie settings to choose not to accept cookies that are used to keep track of your ‘interests’. In that case no information about your use of our online services will be processed and therefore no information can be exchanged between us and third parties. You can change your cookie settings for all our websites via this page.
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes, including the (mobile) websites operated by us:
- for the realization and execution of an agreement concluded with you;
- to provide you with the agreed services and/or offer information, deliver and adapt it to your needs and wishes;
- to give you the opportunity to post and exchange information on one of the websites or, if the website offers the possibility to contact other users;
- if it concerns a paid service, to invoice. We never publish financial information on a website, nor are we made available to third parties for purposes other than the execution of the agreement. When no payment is made for our products or services, we can for example place the claim in the hands of third parties, such as a debt collection agency;
- to make targeted offers, eg via e-mail. It is also possible, for example, to display an advertisement of a product on a website or in an app of which we suspect your interest on the basis of data processed by us. In the context of the optimization of making offers we can draw up a profile of you;
- to send you a newsletter, offer, user information, service message or other electronic message;
- to analyze, maintain, optimize and secure our (mobile) websites and associated technologies and to prevent fraud;
- to comply with the laws and regulations that apply to us and to handle disputes and have auditors (audit) carried out;
- to conduct market research and to prepare management information for product and service development and for determining the (general) strategy;
In this case, not all data is always processed for the same purposes. For example, some data is only kept for billing purposes or for the purpose of providing the requested service, while other data can be used for analyzing and improving the use of our websites and or to make a targeted offer.
In principle, we keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the above purposes, or to comply with statutory (storage) obligations.